Pensacola Boat Speeding Accident Lawyer
All drivers know that it is against the law to travel at speeds greater than the posted speed limit. Knowing these laws is critical when obtaining a driver’s license. Unfortunately, the same cannot be said of boat operators. While boat operators are required to complete a boating safety course, there is no such thing as a boating license in the state. This means that boat operators can hit the waterways without knowing the important safety laws, which can easily result in a crash.
If you or someone you love has been injured in a crash due to excessive speed, you can file a claim against the negligent boat operator who caused your accident. It is important to work with a Pensacola boat speeding accident lawyer who can determine who is liable, and prove your case.
How Can a Pensacola Boat Speeding Accident Lawyer Help?
You are not required to work with an attorney when filing your claim. However, multiple studies have shown that plaintiffs who work with an attorney are more likely to receive up to three times the compensation than those who do not have legal representation. A lawyer can help with many aspects when filing your claim, which include:
- Conduct a full investigation to determine what caused your accident
- Gather evidence to prove your case
- Accurately value your claim so you obtain the full settlement you deserve
- Communicate with insurers and negotiate with them on your behalf
- Represent you during trial, if necessary
The above tasks are very difficult to complete when you are suffering from serious injuries and trying to recover. It is also very difficult to navigate the claims process for individuals who are not familiar with the law. A lawyer will know the laws that apply to your case and use them to help you recover the full compensation you need to get better.
Steps to Take After a Boat Speeding Accident
The moments following a boat speeding accident are extremely confusing, and it is natural to wonder what you should do next. Still, the actions you take now can either help or hurt your claim. The most important steps to take after a boat speeding accident are as follows:
- Report the accident to the police, Coast Guard, or other authorities so the accident is officially documented.
- Obtain the insurance information of the boat operator that caused your crash, as your lawyer will need it when filing your claim.
- Retain all invoices, receipts, medical records, and other documents pertinent to your claim, as they can help prove your case.
Our Boat Speeding Accident Lawyer in Pensacola Can Help You Through the Process
Boating accidents have many different causes, and speeding is one of the most common. If you have been hurt, our Pensacola boat speeding accident lawyer at The Law Offices of Frank D. Butler, P.A. can provide the sound legal advice you need. Call us now at 888-262-8529 or reach out to us online to speak with our experienced attorney today.