Legal Support in Near-Death Boat Collision.
Frank D. Butler, Esquire & 888boatlaw.Com Law Firm
Providing Legal Support in Near-Death Boat Collision.
This video demonstrates several important things.
- Situations on the water can change in a few seconds.
- You have to watch out not only for your actions, but the actions of the other guy.
- You have to be ready for anything.
Even though boating is fun, it can kill or injure in an instant.
You have to presume:
- No the guy does not see you.
- No, the other guy is not going to stop.
- It does not matter if the other guy has instruments to prevent collisions.
- The other driver is distracted.
This is the type of case where we would consider conducting an arrest of the offending vessel, especially if the insurance is not enough to cover the injuries. This is the type of case where we would request the Court to award punitive damages. Your maritime attorney needs to know how to do both of these procedures. Don’t trust your case to an attorney who usually does car accidents and dog bite cases.
25 years experience handling maritime cases—like the one in the video.